Monday, November 26, 2012





























The term "jukebox" came into use in the United States around 1940, apparently derived from the familiar usage "juke joint", derived from the Gullah word "juke" or "joog" meaning disorderly, rowdy, or wicked











I saw him dancin' there by the record machine
I knew he must a been about seventeen

I Love Rock N' Roll - Joan Jett And The Blackhearts












in the jukebox of her memory
the list of names flips by and stops
she closes her eyes
and smiles as the record drops

Jukebox  - Ani DiFranco


























































I love rock n' roll
So put another dime in the jukebox, baby
I love rock n' roll
So come and take your time and dance with me

I Love Rock N' Roll - Joan Jett And The Blackhearts


I saw him dancin' there by the record machine I knew he must a been about seventeen The beat was goin' strong
Playin' my favorite song An' I could tell it wouldn't be long Till he was with me, yeah me, singin'
I love rock n' roll So put another dime in the jukebox, baby I love rock n' roll So come an' take your time an' dance with me

Read more: JOAN JETT - I LOVE ROCK N' ROLL LYRICS







































I knew that you  d been  cheating

Cause you stayed away so long

 And I heard the jukebox playing 

 When you called me on  the phone

I Heard Jukebox Playing - Kitty Wells
































!

No comments:

Post a Comment